Jakalin MacGregor MSW RSW
Counselling / Psychotherapy
If you are experiencing depression, anxiety, chronic health issues, or have experienced stressful or traumatic life events, you may benefit from an integrative counselling approach that utilizes psychotherapeutic techniques including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Clinical Hypnosis, and Guided Relaxation, along with a holistic understanding of the mind/body connection.
Working collaboratively together, you will learn strategies and tools that will help prove to yourself that you have control over your thoughts, feelings, and life.
Chronic health issues respond positively to clinical hypnosis and imagery by accessing your
sub-conscious. Working together with a clinical hypnotherapist, you can learn skills to help manage your pain, anxiety, and fears. This can be especially helpful during difficult or painful medical and dental procedures. Imagery work for serious illness can also be a positive adjunctive support along with traditional treatment.
- Understand stress and traumatic responses
- Find new coping strategies for difficult life events
- Improve the quality of your relationships
- Disengage from addictive behaviours
- Develop reasonable expectations of yourself
- Understand ways that your core beliefs can trigger and affect your mood and relationships.
- Overcome fears and anxieties that are holding you back from doing what you want to do